Thursday, August 26, 2010

Easy Meatloaf and Spicy Green Beans

Most of those who know me know that I am really a "From Scratch" kind of girl, but this meatloaf is more "Semi-Homemade"  because I use the stovetop stuffing mix.  Really, it has all the seasonings I would add, it's just faster.  I mixed this up this morning and the kids will pop it into the oven at some point.  Hopefully.
I am also adding the Spicy Green Bean dish, but beware: it may ruin you for canned green beans forever!

Easy Meatloaf

1 lb. local ground beef
1 pkg stovetop stuffing mix
1 egg
1T worchestershire sauce
2/3 c milk

Place everything in a bowl.  Allow the milk to soak into the stuffing mix for a couple of minutes.  Mix the whole thing with your hands and pop it into a greased loaf pan.  Bake at 375 for about an hour, then top with "Special Sauce"  (equal parts of ketchup, mustard and brown sugar) and bake for 15 minutes more. 

Spicy Green Beans

3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chili sauce (I like Sriracha)
1 T honey
 
I like to mix up a bunch of the sauce ahead of time and keep it in the fridge.  I have tried freezing this and it doesn't work well, but the sauce keeps for a couple weeks and I can usuallly find fresh green beans except in the dead of winter.
Saute the green beans in a couple of teaspoons of oil until the color becomes vibrant, then add the sauce and steam until they are just tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment